Vymo is Hiring for Talent Acquisition Interns
Vymo (https://www.getvymo.com) is one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world with the mission to help sales teams #DoMore. It’s a mobile-first Personal Sales Assistant – a first of its kind – that automatically captures sales activities and predicts ‘next best actions’ contextually by learning from top sales reps. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company houses over 200+ people across seven offices globally.
Vymo is the distribution excellence cloud trusted by over 125,000users across 60+ leading enterprises such as AXA, Allianz, Generali, AIA, and more. A Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’, Vymo is funded by Emergence Capital & Sequoia Capital. The company has seen 3x YoY growth over the last few years and aspires to do even better this year by building up a truly global and diverse team.
What is the Personal Sales Assistant – A game-changer!
We thrive in the CRM space where every company struggles to deliver meaningful engagement & contextual analytics to their Sales teams. But even the best CRMs in the world have an adoption rate of less than 30%. Vymo was engineered with a mobile-first philosophy to help remote sales teams operate more efficiently in a deskless environment. With its powerful intelligence engine, the platform captures sales activities automatically and learns how to make Sales Representatives more productive through nudges and suggestions on a mobile device. That’s why over 85% of salespeople use Vymo daily.
Watch Vymo in action – https://youtu.be/9saePnvir4M
Vymo is structurally built using the microservices architecture. We have projects ranging from core systems, distributed infrastructure, data analytics to full-stack development. Every project the Intern works on is important to the company and we make sure it’s something we want to ship to production!
Our Internship Program will provide you with real-world software engineering experience and mentorship that will inspire you to expand your technical knowledge and work on challenging problems.
How is the Engineering team like?
At Vymo, we are a team of close-knit thinkers, enablers, technologists, strategists, who want to do more. We are obsessed with quality and customer experience. We work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. We believe in creating a 10x impact, being creative problem solvers, and have fun while doing so.
Some of our previous interns have contributed immensely to building our core systems.
Why should you do an internship with us?
- It is a paid internship where you work on a wide variety of real-time software engineering tasks
- You learn engineering best practices from the wicked smart engineering colleagues 🙂
- You can shadow seasoned technocrats and learn how engineering solves problems in Vymo
A Day in your life
- Solve complex problems that have real user impact.
- Solutionize, Develop & Build applications.
- Partner with and learn from a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Support, Quality, Dev-ops, and Platform Engineers
- Develop internal tools to make the life of fellow engineers/ analysts easy.
- Develop application debugging experience by addressing support tickets and bugs reported by Support, Quality, and Internal teams.
What you would have done?
- Currently pursuing a BE (senior year) / ME in Computer Science or a related field (2020-21 Graduate)
- Solid programming skills and significant development experience in a Linux/macOS Environment
- Experience in any Java, Python, Nodejs, Web Frameworks (Django, AngularJS, React, Play)
- Experience in at least one relational or non-relational DBMS.
- Have a good understanding of Databases (both SQL & NoSQL) & Kafka is a plus.
- Experience developing microservices and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Excellent in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, is proactive, and loves to define problems and come up with a creative solution
- Have an obsession with quality and customer experience
If this is you , what you are waiting for, please explore our internship opportunity.
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
Question you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.