Textron is Hiring for Student Interns
Textron is Hiring for Student Interns through its internship drive 2021.
About the job
Important Note: The internship position is for IT teams in Textron India. To apply for these IT Internship positions, the following 2 steps are mandatory
- Fill out the mandatory information in the link, here .
- Register and apply for the job using the Apply Online link / button above
About The Organization
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is one of the world’s best-known multi-industry companies, recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, Textron Systems, Jacobsen and many more. The company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative products and services.
What began as a small New England business in 1923 has grown into a $14.2 billion company, with a worldwide presence supported by 35,000 people in more than 25 countries. Throughout its history, Textron has been the source of ground-breaking technologies and numerous industry-firsts. Many major steps in the evolution of aircraft, rotorcraft, armored vehicles, electrical vehicles and automotive systems have emerged from our product development labs. Textron consists of numerous subsidiaries and operating divisions, which are responsible for the day-to-day operation of their businesses. For more details please visit www.textron.com
Textron India Private Limited in Bangalore was incorporated in 2004 under the Companies Act, 1956, to better serve our customers around the world. This is a global resource that provides engineering and technological solutions for many Textron business units. For more information please visit www.textron.in .
POSITION SUMMARY (IT Internship)
This paid internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. This Internship program is aimed at giving students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional field/s that they are considering for their career path.
The selected interns will be part of the Textron India IT Team which supports the IT Solutions, IT Infrastructure and Applications deployed at various businesses of Textron Group. Their primary task will be to learn and develop themselves in one or multiple IT technologies or domains and then work to maintain & support the technical objects that support the various IT solutions at Textron India
- Understanding the functionality of existing IT solutions and support the same
- Develop in-house custom applications as per business need
- Integration testing, Performance testing and Regression testing of the solutions
- Work on the assigned work packages to develop a new object or maintain/enhance an existing object
- Unit testing of their work packages and peer testing of work packages of other team members
- Understanding the overall architecture of the solution
- Paid internship
- Free transport and subsidized meals
- Opportunity for conversion to full-time employment based on performance and availability of an open position
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong programming skills in any one of the programming languages (C/C++, Java, C#)
- Exposure SDLC concepts, RDBMS concepts and SQL/PL-SQL, Data Structures
Good To Have
- Certification in any of the programming language will be preferred
- The following knowledge will be added advantage
- B. E / B. Tech in IT / Computer Science or related field with 70% aggregate
- Currently pursuing M.E / M. Tech in IT or related field and completed first 2 semesters in the first attempt
Textron India PVT Limited
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
Question you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.