Leica BioSystems is Hiring for Interns
Leica Biosystems is hiring for interns through its internship drive 2021.
About Leica Biosystems:
Leica Biosystems is a Danaher Company and our Mission is to Advance cancer diagnostics and improving patient lives.
At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimized Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
Currently in school working to obtain a Masters degree in: Computer Science & Engg. (CSE), Computer Science & Information Security (CSIS), Computer Networking & Engg. (CNE), Software Engg. (SE), Electronics & Communication (ECE) or any similar branch.
Although there will be opportunities to learn on the job, experience in the following would be an advantage.
- C# with experience in developing applications using WPF and/or WCF technologies.
- Experience in software solution design including experience in applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design techniques and patterns.
- Experience in developing applications for Microsoft Platforms including XP, Vista, Windows Server
- Developing Database applications using SQL Server
- Experience in the use of Configuration Management Systems such as Perforce and Subversion.
Essential Behaviors and Responsibilities:
- Highly curious, interested in exploring Investigating software / system problems to isolate the root cause and provides innovative solutions.
- Develop Software as per the design / the product architecture.
- Code and unit testing of the feature/modules including appropriate design reviews and code inspections.
- Self-starter who is proactive and willing to reach out to various internal staff/organization to get the information needed
- Make formal presentations and conduct group discussions
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to view challenges as opportunities and be proactive in finding solutions
The shortlisted interns will work closely with the project teams. Will be mentored and monitored by
senior professionals. The senior professionals working with the interns will also identify the skills to
scale up on and the interns will be given specific tasks with well-defined problem to work on. The
objective of internship is also to get these interns to work on some problem statements that might
be directly connected with an ongoing project, but something that the team would like to work on in
future. The intern might be doing some early exploration of a technology or way of deploying a
solution along with project specific tasks.
The interns working with Beckman Coulter Diagnostics will be working with the team that operates
out of India, Bangalore. The India Development Center is in Bangalore, RMZ Eco World Tech Park
along the ring road at Kadubeesanahalli. Given the COVID19 situation, the team works predominantly
from homes, but some associates do drop in on need basis. The center is safe to visit and
all COVID19 guidelines are in place.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
Question you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.