Irdeto is Hiring for Test Internship
Irdeto is hiring for test internship through its internship drive 2021.
About the job
Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
As a Test Intern, you will be working in a small but experienced team environment, interacting on a daily basis with our extensive engineering teams across the world (Paris, Netherlands, China etc) which makes this a very dynamic and international role. In this role you will be joining our Video team. Conditional access remains key to what we do; from managing new technology implementations, combating online piracy, offering anti-cheat methods for gaming to supporting customers’ demand for high-quality multi-screen experiences Irdeto deliver to a global customer base.
Your mission at Irdeto:
You will be responsible for testing of STB/OTT projects. You will work closely with Test Manager to ensure the quality of Irdeto products as per the customer requirements and and report to the Test Manager.
How you can add value to the team?
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication.
- Basic Understanding of DVB/MPEG standards is a plus.
- Affinity with scripting languages and automation tools.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good Testing and Debugging skills.
- Team player but able to work independently and remotely, as well.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Good logical and analytical skills with the ability to absorb multiple requirements, provide analysis and then at times provide a practical solution that meet the customers’ needs.
- Good presentations skill from small to medium sized groups.
- Good documentation and reporting skills.
- Competent user of the Microsoft suite of Office applications including Microsoft Visio and Project.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
Question you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.