Aera Tech is Hiring for Interns
Aera Technologies is hiring for skill developer interns through its internship drive 2021.
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for passionate recent graduates or current student to join our Customer Solution Delivery organization. You will build new data analytics models and develop the data processing code for Aera’s cognitive applications (Aera “Skills”), used by many of the world’s largest organisations. In this role, you will be responsible for building new analytics models including facts, dimensions, and measures, while also designing innovative ways to process large datasets at high speeds.
This role will be based in our Pune office.
- Develop data processing scripts using SQL and be able to optimize complex sequences of SQL queries
- Support Skill Developers in building the cognitive skills for various use cases based on customer requirements
- Design and build data warehouse models in columnar databases
- Build data crawlers to extract data from customers’ sources using Aera’s proprietary ETL platform, and troubleshoot the issues faced during data loading & processing
- Perform data analysis for complex use cases using SQL document technical specification for the cognitive applications that we are creating for the customers
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge in SQL and data modeling and analytics
- Knowledge in Python/R is preferred but not mandatory
- Can start immediately and available for a full time (in-office) internship
- Must be available for 6 months minimum. Successful completion of internship with good performance will be considered for permanent role
- Have relevant educational skills and an interest in pursuing a career in technology
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills. Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
At Aera, we’re on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world’s largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we’re growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Online Interview Tips:
Video interviews are the new normal. In an age of powerful technology, it’s no longer necessary or practical to bring candidates to you or to go to them. In fact, people are increasingly interviewed and hired without an in-person meeting. Here are ten tips on making sure you ace your next video interview:
- Know your time zones: The video allows us to speak across (great) distance. Make sure you’re clear if suggested interview times are in your time zone or the interviewers. Try converting the time zone according to your specific time zone.
Know your tech. Familiarize yourself with whatever technology the interviewer has asked you to use (Skype, Zoom, etc.). If you’ve never used the tool before, get comfortable with the interface in advance: how should your computer be positioned so the interviewer can see your face at a comfortable angle? Are your camera and microphone connected and working? Many people un internationally make a bad impact on the interviewers because of this.
- Minimize off-screen distractions. The only person you should be interacting with during a video interview is the interviewer.
- Choose a proper background: When choosing a space to show up for a video interview, be conscious of how the setting you’re calling from reflects on you: choose a well-lit room where you can sit in front of a neutral background.
- Avoid backlighting (when no one can see your face) and spotlighting (when you sit with light close to you and look like you’re telling a ghost story at a campfire).
- Be prepared for glitches. Distractions will happen. Technology will fail. Stuff will come up. Handle these smoothly and professionally.
- Be your best and authentic self. Being unfamiliar or uncomfortable with technology is not an excuse for a poor interview. As soon as you know you’ll be doing a video interview, do what it takes to feel confident and at ease on screen. If that means you need to practice in advance with a friend or colleague, do so.
- Emphasize your skills and Achievement: Focus on your skills and accomplishments, including high school/college coursework, volunteer and co-curricular activities, and your computer and language skills. Previous internships or work experiences are important as well as describing your transferable skills: communication, interpersonal, organization, strong analytical and problem solving, and more.
- Emphasize the Positive: You may be asked during the interview to give a list of your strengths and weaknesses. Remember in these types of questions to focus on the positive. When referring to weaknesses, recognize those things you feel you need to work on and quickly shift to actions you have taken to improve in this area. Specific examples can be helpful to illustrate your progress.
- Close the interview with confidence: The beginning and end of the interview can be the most crucial aspects of the interview. End your interview with confidence. Thank the interviewer for his/her time and ask when you may expect to hear back from the employer.
- Follow up the interview with a thank-you note: Take this opportunity to clarify a topic discussed in the interview and to reaffirm your interest in the organization and the internship. Send a thank-you note to everyone you interviewed on the day of your interview.
Question you should prepare for:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work at this company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you made a mistake and how you fixed it?
- What are the three things you wish to see in the firm you are working for?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years/5 years/10 years?
- Tell me about anything else which you have done or you are proud of but it is not in your resume?
- What are your expectations from the company or colleagues?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you have any questions for us?
HexHybrids is a community group for students interested in emerging technologies. HexHybrids represents a versatile community of innovators developing and exploring Frontend, Backend, Cloud Computing, AI-ML, Cross-platform development, and many more.
We also provide technical, non-technical as well as career growth assistance to students pursuing various STEM fields such as computer science, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, MBA, etc by highlighting active internships, jobs, scholarships, or free courses so that more and more people can apply for those and land a job.